Jump to Main Content
- Leiro-Fernández, Virginia, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.172 pp. 713-718
- adenocarcinoma; biopsy; case-control studies; detectors; experimental design; histology; hospitals; lung neoplasms; odds ratio; radon; risk factors; Spain
- ... Using a pooled case-control study design, including only never-smokers, we have assessed the association of residential radon exposure with the subsequent occurrence of lung cancer. We also investigated whether residential radon poses a different risk specifically for adenocarcinoma.We pooled individual data from different case-control studies conducted in recent years in Northwestern Spain which ...
- Leiro-Fernández, Virginia, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Environmental Research 2014 v.132 pp. 33-37
- adenocarcinoma; carcinogens; case-control studies; educational status; health care workers; hospitals; lifestyle; lung neoplasms; radon; recreation; regression analysis; risk; risk reduction; smoking (habit); surgery
- ... We aim to assess the relationship between leisure time activities related to exposure to carcinogenic substances and lung cancer risk in a hospital-based case-control study performed in never smokers. We included never smoking cases with anatomopathologically confirmed lung cancer and never smoking controls undergoing trivial surgery, at 8 Spanish hospitals. The study was conducted between January ...