Jump to Main Content
- Mariano-Goulart, Denis, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Peptides 2014 v.51 pp. 80-85
- adiponectin; amenorrhea; anorexia; athletes; body mass index; bone density; energy balance; females; menstruation; models; saliva; France
- ... Elite Rhythmic Gymnasts (RGs) constitute a unique metabolic model and they are prone to developing Anorexia Athletica. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of training intensity on salivary adiponectin levels and assess a possible role of salivary adiponectin levels as a predictive factor of reproductive dysfunction and bone mass acquisition in elite RGs. The study included 80 e ...
- Mariano-Goulart, Denis, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Diabetes care 2007 v.30 no.11 pp. 2934-2939
- C-reactive protein; adiponectin; atherosclerosis; electrocardiography; fibrinogen; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; homocysteine; image analysis; kidney diseases; low density lipoprotein; myocardial ischemia; patients; relative risk; risk factors; triacylglycerols
- ... OBJECTIVE:--We sought to evaluate osteoprotegerin, an inhibitor of osteoclastogenesis involved in atherosclerosis, and other novel risk factors as predictive markers of silent myocardial ischemia (SMI). RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS--A total of 465 consecutive diabetic patients with more than one additional risk factor were evaluated for SMI using stress myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI). We studie ...