Jump to Main Content
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.356 pp. 307-314
- adsorption; alloys; catalysts; density functional theory; dissociation; geometry; hydrogen; hydrogenation; nanoparticles; porous media; silica
- ... Bridging the structure-properties relationship of bimetallic catalysts is essential for the rational design of heterogeneous catalysts. Different from random alloys, intermetallic compounds (IMCs) present atomically-ordered structures, which is advantageous for catalytic mechanism studies. We used Pt-based intermetallic nanoparticles (iNPs), individually encapsulated in mesoporous silica shells, a ...
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2014 v.118 no.49 pp. 14168-14176
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-radiation; X-ray absorption spectroscopy; absorption; adsorption; aqueous solutions; coordination polymers; ions; ligands; nitrogen dioxide; platinum
- ... The interaction of guest Pt(II) ions with UiO-66–X (X = NH₂, H, NO₂, OMe, F) series metal–organic frameworks (MOFs) in aqueous solution was investigated using in situ X-ray absorption spectroscopy. All of these MOFs were found to be able to coordinate with Pt(II) ions. The Pt(II) ions in UiO-66–X MOFs generally coordinate with 1.6–2.4 Cl and 1.4–2.4 N or O atoms. We also studied the time evolution ...