Jump to Main Content
- Bass, Arthur L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fisheries research 2019 v.209 pp. 156-166
- Cryptobia; Oncorhynchus tshawytscha; adults; biopsy; females; fisheries; genes; gillnets; hatcheries; longevity; males; migratory behavior; mortality; parasites; pathogens; physiological state; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; radio telemetry; salmon; spawning
- ... Following interactions with fisheries gear, fishes may experience delayed mortality or display modified behavior. The physiological status of fish at the time of capture, including the presence of infectious agents, can also influence survival outcomes. To explore the relationship between capture, infectious agents and fate, we simulated gillnet capture on adult salmon returning to a hatchery, use ...
- Bass, Arthur L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecology of freshwater fish 2014 v.23 no.2 pp. 149-160
- Thymallus; acoustics; adults; body size; evolution; fish; foraging; habitats; home range; ice; lakes; seasonal variation; summer; telemetry; winter
- ... Knowledge of the horizontal and vertical distribution and habitat use of fish in lakes provides insights into the ecology, evolution and conservation of a species. Using high‐resolution, high‐frequency sampling, we provide an account of the distribution and movements of adult European grayling, Thymallus thymallus, in a recently colonised subarctic lake. We evaluated summer home range size, daily ...