Jump to Main Content
- Furumoto, Emily J., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Molecular nutrition & food research 2016 v.60 no.5 pp. 1161-1171
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis; T-lymphocytes; adults; cold; cross-over studies; cytotoxicity; fermentation; humans; immunity; influenza; interleukin-2; probiotics; questionnaires; secretion; yogurt
- ... SCOPE: Probiotics can modulate immunity and reduce upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) in humans; however few studies have examined both outcomes in the same trial. The goal of the current study was to investigate the effect of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB‐12, on natural killer (NK) and T‐cell function in conjunction with self‐reported cold/flu outcomes in healthy adults. METHOD ...
- Furumoto, Emily J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- British journal of nutrition 2003 v.90 no.4 pp. 803-807
- adults; bile acids; colon; colorectal neoplasms; cross-over studies; dietary fiber; excretion; experimental diets; feces composition; gastrointestinal transit; normal values; raisins; risk; short chain fatty acids; solar drying; tartaric acid; volatile fatty acids
- ... Sun-dried raisins are a source of dietary fibre and tartaric acid. The effects of tartaric acid on colon function have not been the focus of extensive research. The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effects of dietary fibre and tartaric acid from sun-dried raisins on colon function and on faecal bile acid and short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) excretion in healthy adults. Thirteen health ...