Jump to Main Content
- Soeiro, Vanessa, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2019 v.55 no.3 pp. 724-727
- Erinaceus europaeus; Staphylococcus lentus; adults; endometritis; endometrium; females; histopathology; hyperplasia; necropsy; pyometra
- ... A severely debilitated, free-living adult female European hedgehog (Erinaceus europaeus) was presented for rehabilitation. It died overnight, and postmortem examination revealed a closed pyometra. Histopathology confirmed metritis with endometrial hyperplasia, and Staphylococcus lentus was isolated from the purulent uterine material. Staphylococcus lentus has not been previously reported to cause ...
- Soeiro, Vanessa, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2014 v.186 no.11 pp. 7011-7021
- Buteo buteo; adults; arsenic; bioaccumulation; birds of prey; blood; cadmium; chronic exposure; food chain; food webs; heavy metals; human health; humans; juveniles; kidneys; lead; liver; mercury; pollution; risk
- ... The accumulation of heavy metals in the environment may have a wide range of health effects on animals and humans. Thus, in this study, the concentrations of arsenic (As), cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), and mercury (Hg) in the blood and tissues (liver and kidney) of Portuguese common buzzards (Buteo buteo) were determined by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) in order to monitor envir ...