Jump to Main Content
- Reininger, Vanessa; Grünig, Christoph R.; Sieber, Thomas N.
- Environmental microbiology 2012 v.14 no.4 pp. 1064-1076
- host strains, etc ; Betula pendula; Picea abies; adverse effects; biomass; endophytes; genotype; growth retardation; mixed culture; plant growth; plant growth substances; seedlings; symbionts; woody plants; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Interactions of Betula pendula and Picea abies with dark septate endophytes of the Phialocephala fortinii–Acephala applanata species complex (PAC) were studied. PAC are ubiquitous fungal root symbionts of many woody plant species but their ecological role is largely unknown. Sterile birch and spruce seedlings in monoculture and mixed culture were exposed to four PAC strains, added either singularl ...
- Park, Myung Keun; Lee, Sang Hee; Yang, Kyung Seok; Jung, Suk-Chae; Lee, Jun Hyoung; Kim, Sun Chang
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2014 v.98 no.15 pp. 6701-6713
- host strains, etc ; Escherichia coli; adverse effects; batch fermentation; biotechnology; genes; genomics; necrosis; plasmids; recombinant proteins; transposons; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The genomic stability and integrity of host strains are critical for the production of recombinant proteins in biotechnology. Bacterial genomes contain numerous jumping genetic elements, the insertion sequences (ISs) that cause a variety of genetic rearrangements, resulting in adverse effects such as genome and recombinant plasmid instability. To minimize the harmful effects of ISs on the expressi ...
- Cai, Dongbo; Zhu, Chengjun; Chen, Shouwen
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.33 no.5 pp. 84
- host strains, etc ; adverse effects; cardiovascular diseases; drugs; fermentation; food additives; functional foods; process control; protein engineering; screening; subtilisin; u-plasminogen activator; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Nattokinase (EC 126.96.36.199) is a profibrinolytic serine protease with a potent fibrin-degrading activity, and it has been produced by many host strains. Compared to other fibrinolytic enzymes (urokinase, t-PA and streprokinase), nattokinase shows the advantages of having no side effects, low cost and long life-time, and it has the potential to be used as a drug for treating cardiovascular disease a ...