Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Rejane H.R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.147 pp. 562-568
- Chlamydomonas; aeration; ammonia; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; filters; landfills; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen balance; nitrogen content; ponds; volatilization; waste lagoons
- ... The treatment performance and nitrogen mass balance of a pilot-scale landfill leachate treatment system was evaluated. The system was comprised of a series of three ponds and a rock filter and was fed a continuous flow (200Ld−1) during 111weeks. Three different operational conditions were investigated: conventional operation (stage I), aeration (stage II) and aeration/recirculation (stage III). Th ...
- Costa, Rejane H.R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.132 pp. 262-268
- denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; biological treatment; viability; foods; microbial communities; aeration; total suspended solids; Nitrobacter; wastewater treatment; chemical oxygen demand; sludge; wastewater; Ciliophora; bacteria; Nitrosomonas
- ... This work describes the performance and microbial diversity in a sequencing batch reactor of a decentralized full-scale system for urban wastewater treatment under limited aeration. The removal efficiency was: 83% for soluble chemical oxygen demand (SCOD), 60% for N–NH4+, 70% for total suspended solids (TSS) and 80% for volatile suspended solids (VSS). The biomass concentration had a maximum value ...