Jump to Main Content
- Francisco Toja-Silva; Oscar Lopez-Garcia; Carlos Peralta; Jorge Navarro; Ignacio Cruz
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 769-794
- aerodynamics; buildings; cities; energy; geometry; turbulent flow; urban areas; wind; wind power; wind turbines
- ... Urban wind energy exploitation is an important topic for smart sustainable cities. The present investigation is a step in this direction, considering the latest advances in building aerodynamics, identifying and analyzing the optimum building-roof shape for the urban wind energy exploitation. This investigation focusses in two aspects: the isolated building shape optimization and the analysis of t ...
- Christoph W. Kent; Sue Grimmond; David Gatey; Kohin Hirano
- Remote sensing of environment 2019 v.221 pp. 316-339
- Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer; aerodynamics; cities; databases; digital elevation models; geometry; landscapes; meteorological data; radar; remote sensing; roughness; topography; wind speed; Brazil; England; Japan; New York; New Zealand
- ... Urban morphology and aerodynamic roughness parameters are derived from three global digital elevation models (GDEM): Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER), Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM), and TanDEM-X. Initially, each is compared to benchmark elevation data in London (UK). A moving window is used to extract ground heights from the GDEMs, generating terrain ...