Jump to Main Content
- Spencer Sandra E.; Santiago Brandon G.; Glish Gary L.
- Analytical chemistry 2015 v.87 no.23 pp. 11887-11892
- aerosols; caffeine; cellulose; gases; ionization; ions; pyrolysis
- ... The design and operation of an inexpensive, miniature low-temperature plasma ion source is detailed. The miniature low-temperature plasma ion source is operated in a “flow-through” configuration, wherein the gaseous or aerosolized analyte, caffeine or pyrolyzed ethyl cellulose, in a carrier gas is used as the plasma gas. In this flow-through configuration, the sensitivity for the caffeine standard ...
- Célia A. Alves; Ana Vicente; Cristina Monteiro; Cátia Gonçalves; Margarita Evtyugina; Casimiro Pio
- Science of the total environment 2011 v.409 no.8 pp. 1466-1475
- acids; aerosols; alkanes; biomarkers; biopolymers; burning; carbon; carbon dioxide; cellulose; detectors; forests; fuels; gas chromatography; gas emissions; gases; ionization; lignin; mass spectrometry; monoacylglycerols; monosaccharides; particulate emissions; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; smoke; steroids; wildfires; Portugal
- ... On May 2009, both the gas and particulate fractions of smoke from a wildfire in Sever do Vouga, central Portugal, were sampled. Total hydrocarbons and carbon oxides (CO₂ and CO) were measured using automatic analysers with flame ionisation and non-dispersive infrared detectors, respectively. Fine (PM₂.₅) and coarse (PM₂.₅–₁₀) particles from the smoke plume were analysed by a thermal–optical transm ...