Jump to Main Content
- Oliveira, Carlos A. F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Mycotoxin research 2019 v.35 no.1 pp. 65-73
- aflatoxins; broiler chickens; corn; corn flour; corn meal; dairy cows; deoxynivalenol; feed contamination; feeds; fumonisins; households; humans; laying hens; ochratoxin A; small farms; surveys; tandem mass spectrometry; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; zearalenone; Brazil
- ... A limited survey was conducted to assess the co-occurrence of aflatoxins (AF) B₁, B₂, G₁, and G₂; fumonisins (FB) B₁ and B₂; ochratoxin A (OTA); zearalenone (ZEN); and deoxynivalenol (DON) in maize food (N = 26) and animal feed (N = 45) collected from 21 small-scale farms from the states of São Paulo (SP) and Santa Catarina (SC), Brazil. Samples evaluated were maize meal and maize flour for human ...
- de Oliveira, Carlos A. F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2013 v.6 no.8 pp. 2230-2234
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus delbrueckii; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; aflatoxins; buffers; decontamination; lactic acid bacteria; phosphates; skim milk; temperature; washing
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the ability of seven lactic acid bacteria (LAB) strains to remove aflatoxin M1 (AFM1) in phosphate buffer saline (PBS) and in skimmed milk samples. The mean AFM1 removal by LAB in PBS ranged from 5.60 ± 0.45% to 45.67 ± 1.65% (n = 3). Heat-killed cells showed AFM1 removal percentages significantly higher than viable cells in contact times of 15 min or 24 h, al ...