Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Cuili, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental toxicology 2018 v.33 no.7 pp. 752-758
- adiponectin; adverse effects; agonists; blood lipids; blood serum; body weight; epididymis; glucose tolerance; hyperlipidemia; insulin; insulin resistance; intraperitoneal injection; leptin; lipid composition; lipoproteins; liver; males; metabolic syndrome; mice; muscles; phosphorylation; skeletal muscle; tributyltin
- ... Tributyltin (TBT), a proven environmental obesogen, functions as a nanomolar agonist of the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor‐γ (PPARγ). However, the adverse effects of TBT on metabolism are incompletely understood. In this study, male ICR mice were administered TBT (5 and 50 μg·kg–¹) by an intraperitoneal injection once every 3 days for 30 days from 28 days of age and bred for another 30 ...
- Zhang, Yan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Planta medica 2011 v.77 no.3 pp. 231-235
- adiponectin; agonists; animal models; blood glucose; blood serum; cholesterol; fasting; fatty liver; free fatty acids; homeostasis; inflammation; insulin; insulin resistance; liver; rats; triacylglycerols; weight gain
- ... The objectives of this study were to determine the effect of osthole on the insulin resistance (IR) in high-fat and high-sucrose-induced fatty liver rats and to investigate its potential mechanisms. The rat model was established by orally feeding high-fat and high-sucrose emulsion by gavage for 9 weeks. The experimental rats were treated with osthole 5 and 10 mg/kg, lipanthyl 30 mg/kg, and rosigli ...
- Zhang, Hailong, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Natural medicines 2014 v.68 no.1 pp. 74-82
- Piper; adiponectin; agonists; fatty acid-binding proteins; fruit extracts; glucose transporters; lipogenesis; mechanism of action; messenger RNA; mice
- ... In our previous study, piperlonguminine from the fruit of Piper chaba was reported to promote adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells like the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ (PPARγ) agonist, troglitazone. In the present study, the mode of action of piperlonguminine in cells was examined. Piperlonguminine increased mRNA levels of adiponectin, glucose transporter 4, and fatty acid-binding protein ...