Jump to Main Content
- Marwa G.M. Ali, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Science of the total environment 2019 v.651 pp. 3161-3173
- agricultural land; altitude; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; climate change; coasts; cultivars; grain yield; growing season; irrigated conditions; irrigation; models; phenology; planting date; river deltas; sea level; temperature; wheat; Egypt
- ... Climate change poses a serious threat to arid and low elevation coastal zones. Kafrelsheikh governorate, as a large agricultural and coastal region on the Egyptian North Nile Delta, is one of the most vulnerable areas to higher temperature and global sea level rise. Two DSSAT wheat models (CERES and N-Wheat) were calibrated using a local cultivar (Misr3) grown under irrigated conditions in Egypt. ...
- Marwa Ben Saad, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Science of the total environment 2019 v.653 pp. 723-734
- Acidobacteria; Bacteroidetes; Firmicutes; Planctomyces; adsorbents; agricultural land; ammonia; aquifers; byproducts; community structure; constructed wetlands; cork; data collection; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; epsilon-Proteobacteria; experimental design; gravel; groundwater; groundwater treatment; industry; microbial communities; nitrate nitrogen; nitrates; nitrites; nitrogen; nitrogen cycle; nutrients; oxidants; pollutants; pollution; pollution control; subsurface flow; total nitrogen; Spain
- ... Agricultural practices have raised the level of nutrients reaching aquifers. In Europe, nitrate pollution is considered as one of the main threats for the quality of groundwater in agricultural areas. Treatment wetlands (TWs), also known as Constructed Wetlands, are used for groundwater treatment in areas with an important concentration of nitrogen compounds; total nitrogen removal depends on the ...