Jump to Main Content
- Ale, S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2012 v.107 pp. 23-33
- DRAINMOD model; agricultural watersheds; cropping systems; drain pipes; drainage water; nitrate reduction; soil; spatial distribution; stream flow; subsurface drainage; water management; water table; Indiana
- ... Drainage water management, also known as controlled drainage, is the practice of using a water table control structure at the end of the subsurface drain pipe to reduce subsurface drainage, and thereby nitrate losses. Methods to quantify the potential effects of drainage water management for entire watersheds are needed to evaluate the impacts of large-scale adoption. A distributed modeling approa ...
- Ale, S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2009 v.96 no.4 pp. 627-637
- estimation; topography; image analysis; agricultural land; geographic information systems; aerial photography; tile drainage; intensive farming; subsurface drainage; agricultural watersheds; Indiana
- ... Detailed location maps of tile drains in the Midwestern United States are generally not available, as the tile lines in these areas were laid more than 75 years ago. The objective of this study is to map individual tile drains and estimate drain spacing using a combination of GIS-based analysis of land cover, soil and topography data, and analysis of high resolution aerial photographs to within th ...