Jump to Main Content
- Becerra-Rodríguez, Salvador; Medina-Urrutia, Víctor Manuel; Robles-González, Marciano Manuel; Williams, Timothy
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 27-36
- tree growth; weight; cultivars; canopy; diameter; crop quality; tropics; tree trunk; agronomic traits; crop yield; Citrus maxima; color; grapefruit juice; Citrus paradisi; grapefruits; pummelos; Mexico
- ... Grapefruit growers in the tropics require information about existing and new citrus cultivars with high productivity potential. The objective of this study was to determine the growth, yield, and fruit quality performance of seven pigmented and four white grapefruit cultivars under the dry tropic conditions of Colima, Mexico. The trees were budded on sour orange (Citrus aurantium L.) rootstock and ...
- Qihang Jiang; Junli Ye; Kaijie Zhu; Fangfang Wu; Lijun Chai; Qiang Xu; Xiuxin Deng
- Horticultural plant journal 2022 v.8 no.4 pp. 423-434
- Citrus maxima; aesthetics; agronomic traits; economic valuation; fruits; gene expression regulation; genes; horticulture; human health; lycopene; metabolism; nutritive value; orchards; pulp; pummelos; sequence analysis; sucrose; transcriptome
- ... Carotenoids are indispensable for human health, and citrus fruit are a crucial source of dietary carotenoids. Bagging, an important orchard practice to enhance fruit economic value, is widely used in many horticultural crops, including citrus fruit. The bagged ‘Majiayou’ pomelo (Citrus grandis) produces vivid deeper red pulp, a fantastic agronomic trait, but the underlying molecular regulatory mec ...