Jump to Main Content
- Ulrich, Andrea, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2014 v.48 no.9 pp. 4765-4773
- air; air pollution; aluminum; calcium; chemical analysis; combustion; electron microscopy; filters; fly ash; models; nanoparticles; particle size; sewage sludge; waste incineration; wood
- ... Waste incineration had been identified as an important source of ultrafine air pollutants resulting in elaborated treatment systems for exhaust air. Nowadays, these systems are able to remove almost all ultrafine particles. However, the fate of ultrafine particles caught in the filters has received little attention so far. Based on the use of engineered nano-objects (ENO) and their transfer into t ...
- Cristaldi, Domenico Andrea, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Analytical methods 2013 v.5 no.14 pp. 3458-3462
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; air; aluminum; calcium; chemical composition; groundwater; iron; lava; manganese; oxides; potassium; silicon; sodium; volcanoes; water solubility; Sicily
- ... In areas surrounding volcanoes, atmospheric agents remove surface layers from the emitted stones that go directly into the air and groundwater. The chemical composition of magmatic stones is currently studied using techniques that do not differentiate between bulk and surface composition. To the best of our knowledge there are no XPS investigations of magmatic stones. Therefore, in this study we r ...
- Vidic, Andreas, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2011 v.159 no.5 pp. 1229-1233
- Acer pseudoplatanus; air; air pollution; aluminum; barium; calcium; copper; environmental monitoring; heavy metals; human health; iron; lead; leaves; magnesium; manganese; potassium; rural areas; selenium; sodium; strontium; sulfur; trees; urban areas; urbanization; zinc; Austria
- ... Foliage dust contains heavy metal that may have harmful effects on human health. The elemental contents of tree leaves and foliage dust are especially useful to assess air environmental pollution. We studied the elemental concentrations in foliage dust and leaves of Acer pseudoplatanus along an urbanization gradient in Vienna, Austria. Samples were collected from urban, suburban and rural areas. W ...