Jump to Main Content
- Leonzio, Grazia
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.129 pp. 417-426
- best available technology, etc ; European Union; air; air pollution; aqueous solutions; boilers; carbon dioxide; climate; composts; crystallization; energy efficiency; evaporation; gasoline; hazardous waste; heat pumps; hydrochloric acid; metals; pollutants; process design; sulfates; temperature; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Spent pickling liquors are classified like hazardous materials due to their high concentration of metals and presence of different acids and several best available technologies are developed to treat this kind of wastes. In this paper a new process combining essentially the evaporation and crystallization section is developed to produce respectively the aqueous solution of hydrochloric acid and ir ...
- Costa, Annamaria; Chiarello, Gian Luca; Selli, Elena; Guarino, Marcella
- Journal of environmental management 2012 v.96 no.1 pp. 86-90
- best available technology, etc ; air; air quality; ammonia; animal performance; carbon dioxide; coatings; farmers; farms; feed conversion; internal temperature; lamps; methane; nitrous oxide; paints; particulate emissions; piglets; pollutants; relative humidity; titanium dioxide; ultraviolet radiation; weaning; weight gain; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The beneficial effect of a TiO₂-based photocatalytic treatment on the indoor air purification of a swine farm has been evaluated in a trial performed in two identical mechanically ventilated traditional weaning units, with 391 animals lodged in each of them. One unit was used as reference, whereas the walls of the second unit (260 m²) were coated with ca. 70 g m⁻² of TiO₂ and irradiated with ten U ...
- Georgopoulou, E.; Mirasgedis, S.; Sarafidis, Y.; Hontou, V.; Gakis, N.; Lalas, D. P.; Loukatos, A.; Gargoulas, N.; Mentzis, A.; Economidis, D.; Triantafilopoulos, T.; Korizi, K.; Mavrotas, G.
- Environmental management 2007 v.40 no.3 pp. 413-429
- best available technology, etc ; air; air pollution; carbon dioxide; cost effectiveness; ecosystem services; environmental assessment; industry; market prices; nitrogen oxides; pollutants; solid wastes; sulfur dioxide; volatile organic compounds; wastewater; Greece; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Best Available Techniques (BATs) contribute significantly to the reduction of industrial environmental burdens with respect to air pollution, wastewater, and solid wastes. In Europe, the application of BATs is prescribed by Directive 96/61/EC, which, however, leaves the selection of specific BATs to plant operators. In making their choices, installations have to consider not only the environmental ...