Jump to Main Content
- Huo, Hong; Cai, Hao; Zhang, Qiang; Liu, Fei; He, Kebin
- Atmospheric environment 2015 v.108 pp. 107-116
- best available technology, etc ; air; air pollution; atmospheric chemistry; carbon; coal; electricity; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; life cycle assessment; markets; nitrogen content; nitrogen oxides; particulates; pollutants; power generation; power plants; sulfur dioxide; vehicles (equipment); California; China; Midwestern United States; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... We evaluated the fuel-cycle emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and air pollutants (NOx, SO2, PM10, and PM2.5) of electric vehicles (EVs) in China and the United States (U.S.), two of the largest potential markets for EVs in the world. Six of the most economically developed and populated regions in China and the U.S. were selected. The results showed that EV fuel-cycle emissions depend substantia ...
- Georgopoulou, E.; Mirasgedis, S.; Sarafidis, Y.; Hontou, V.; Gakis, N.; Lalas, D. P.; Loukatos, A.; Gargoulas, N.; Mentzis, A.; Economidis, D.; Triantafilopoulos, T.; Korizi, K.; Mavrotas, G.
- Environmental management 2007 v.40 no.3 pp. 413-429
- best available technology, etc ; air; air pollution; carbon dioxide; cost effectiveness; ecosystem services; environmental assessment; industry; market prices; nitrogen oxides; pollutants; solid wastes; sulfur dioxide; volatile organic compounds; wastewater; Greece; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Best Available Techniques (BATs) contribute significantly to the reduction of industrial environmental burdens with respect to air pollution, wastewater, and solid wastes. In Europe, the application of BATs is prescribed by Directive 96/61/EC, which, however, leaves the selection of specific BATs to plant operators. In making their choices, installations have to consider not only the environmental ...