Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2016 v.152 pp. 148-164
- air drying; basins; clay; exchangeable sodium; least squares; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; pH; prediction; reflectance spectroscopy; soil aggregation; soil organic carbon; soil properties; soil quality; soil types; spectrometers; Kenya; Lake Victoria
- ... Soil aggregation is critical for assessing soil health; however, conventional aggregation measurement is laborious and expensive. The performance of near infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (NIR) and basic soil properties for estimation of wet aggregation indices was investigated. Two samples sets representing different soils from across Lake Victoria Basin in Kenya were used for the study. ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2014 v.121 pp. 177-185
- air drying; basins; cation exchange capacity; civil engineering; clay; clay fraction; extensibility; laboratory techniques; least squares; materials testing; near-infrared spectroscopy; prediction; reflectance; shrinkage; soil mechanical properties; soil types; spectrometers; water content; Kenya; Lake Victoria
- ... Materials testing involve complex reference methods and several soil tests have been used for indexing material functional attributes for civil engineering applications. However, conventional laboratory methods are expensive, slow and often imprecise. The potential of soil diffuse reflectance near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy for the rapid estimation of selected key engineering soil properties was ...