Jump to Main Content
- Ghosh, Debidas, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food biochemistry 2019 v.43 no.5 pp. e12829
- Curcuma amada; albino; antioxidant activity; body weight; cholesterol; diabetes; dose response; gene expression; herbal medicines; histology; oxidative toxicity; pharmaceutical industry; rats; rhizomes; sperm motility; testes
- ... Diabetes affects the reproductive system. This study was conducted to find out the potent dose of the hydro‐methanol 60:40 extract of Curcuma amada rhizomes for the management of diabetes‐induced testicular dysfunction in albino rats. The extract was administered at the doses of 10, 20, 40, and 80 mg/100 g body weight/day for 28 days. Oxidative stresses, reproductive parameters, histological, and ...
- Ghosh, Debidas, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biological trace element research 2011 v.142 no.2 pp. 200-212
- DNA fragmentation; Moringa oleifera; alanine transaminase; albino; antioxidant activity; arsenic; aspartate transaminase; body weight; catalase; cholesterol; drinking water; high density lipoprotein; lipid peroxidation; liver; liver function; low density lipoprotein; malondialdehyde; oxidative stress; phytotherapy; rats; reactive oxygen species; sodium arsenite; subchronic exposure; superoxide dismutase; toxicity; triacylglycerols
- ... In an attempt to develop new herbal therapy, an aqueous extract of the seed of Moringa oleifera was used to screen the effect on arsenic-induced hepatic toxicity in female rat of Wistar strain. Subchronic exposure to sodium arsenite (0.4 ppm/100 g body weight/day via drinking water for a period of 24 days) significantly increased activities of hepatic and lipid function markers such as alanine tra ...