Jump to Main Content
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.305 pp. 149-155
- water pollution; Grindelia; Tessaria; cell culture; models; endosulfan sulfate; phytoremediation; plants (botany); diastereomers; indigenous species; phytomass; alcohols; metabolites
- ... Endosulfan is a Persistent Organic Pollutant insecticide still used in many countries. It is commercially available as mixtures of two diastereomers, α- and β-endosulfan, known as technical grade endosulfan (TGE). A laboratory model based on the use of axenic plant cell cultures to study the removal and metabolization of both isomers from contaminated water matrixes was established. No differences ...
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2012 v.160 no.3-4 pp. 189-194
- Gardenia jasminoides; alcohols; biocatalysts; calcium alginate; cells; enzymes; immobilized cells; oxidation; screening; viability
- ... A screening based on undifferentiated plant cells allowed identifying Gardenia jasminoides as the best biocatalyst to perform the kinetic resolution of 1-phenylethanol. This species was further tested for its ability to oxidize stereoselectively the (S)-isomers from racemic mixtures of secondary alcohols leaving their antipodes unaffected in Tris–HCl buffer. Those substrates which afforded the bes ...