Jump to Main Content
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2019 v.828 no.1 pp. 199-212
- algae; base flow; chlorophyll; drought; microbial biomass; microbial communities; microorganisms; organic matter; particle size distribution; porosity; regression analysis; rivers; sand; shear stress; surface area
- ... River sediment physical properties are linked to flow and are important for the attachment of microorganisms. The objective of this study was to assess the relationship between physical characteristics of surface sediments in a Mediterranean river and their organic matter content and microbial biomass. To do this, we analyzed particle-size distribution, organic matter content, chlorophyll-a, and b ...
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Global change biology 2017 v.23 no.9 pp. 3825-3837
- Copepoda; Nematoda; Platyhelminthes; algae; bacteria; beta-glucosidase; biofilm; carbon; carbon cycle; community structure; dissolved organic carbon; enzyme activity; global warming; night temperature; photosynthesis; rivers; sediments; solar radiation; streams; trophic levels
- ... Diel temperature patterns are changing because of global warming, with higher temperatures being predicted to be more pronounced at night. Biological reactions are temperature dependent, with some occurring only during the daylight hours (e.g., light photosynthesis) and other during the entire day (e.g., respiration). Consequently, we expect the modification of daily temperature cycles to alter mi ...