Jump to Main Content
- Ming Shi; Hao Zhang; Ting Song; Xiaofang Liu; Yunfen Gao; Jianhua Zhou; Yan Li
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.25 pp. 22730-22744
- alginates; angiogenesis; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bioactive compounds; biocompatibility; biodegradability; calcium carbonate; cell proliferation; drugs; encapsulation; fibroblast growth factor 2; freeze drying; glass; granulation tissue; hydrogels; microfluidic technology; microparticles; models; pH; rats; rehydration; tissue repair
- ... Hydrogel-based wound dressings provided a moist microenvironment and local release of bioactive molecules. Single drug loading along with fast release rates and usually in hydrogel sheets limited their performance. Hence, uniform alginate/CaCO₃ composite microparticles (∼430 μm) with tunable compositions for sustainable release of drug and pH-sensitivity were successfully fabricated using microflu ...
- Zefeng Lin; Tingting Wu; Wanshun Wang; Binglin Li; Ming Wang; Lingling Chen; Hong Xia; Tao Zhang
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.140 pp. 330-342
- Escherichia coli; alginates; angiogenesis; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; antimicrobial peptides; antimicrobial properties; biodegradability; collagen; drugs; fibroblasts; hyaluronic acid; mechanical properties; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; porosity; silver; tissue repair
- ... The increase in severe infections caused by antibiotic drug resistance and the decrease in the number of new antibacterial drugs approved for use in the last few decades are driving the need for the development of new antimicrobial strategies. Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) are a potential new class of antimicrobial drugs that are expected to solve the problem of global antibiotic drug resistance. ...