Jump to Main Content
- Xia, Hong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.140 pp. 330-342
- Escherichia coli; alginates; angiogenesis; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; antimicrobial peptides; antimicrobial properties; biodegradability; collagen; drugs; fibroblasts; hyaluronic acid; mechanical properties; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; porosity; silver; tissue repair
- ... The increase in severe infections caused by antibiotic drug resistance and the decrease in the number of new antibacterial drugs approved for use in the last few decades are driving the need for the development of new antimicrobial strategies. Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) are a potential new class of antimicrobial drugs that are expected to solve the problem of global antibiotic drug resistance. ...
- Xia, Hong, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.1 pp. 127-138
- Staphylococcus aureus; alginates; bacteria; bacterial infections; biocompatibility; bone formation; bones; calcium; cell adhesion; chitosan; copper; copper nanoparticles; crosslinking; freeze drying; gene expression; genes; in vitro studies; in vivo studies; ions; mineralization; non-specific protein-tyrosine kinase; pathogens; polymers
- ... Repairing infected bone defects relies on a scaffold that can not only fill the defects to promote bone formation but also kill clinically present bacterial pathogens such as Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). To meet this demand, here, we develop a new copper (Cu) containing natural polymeric scaffold with a full potential for repairing infected bone defects. Instead of directly adding antibacter ...
- PubMed Central: