Jump to Main Content
- Shen, Jiong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy 2020 v.196 pp. 117070
- algorithms; carbon dioxide; flue gas; neural networks; temperature
- ... This paper develops an intelligent predictive controller (IPC) for a large-scale solvent-based post-combustion CO₂ capture (PCC) process. An artificial neural network (NN) model is trained to represent the dynamics of the PCC process based on an in-depth behavior investigation of the process under different operating conditions. The resulting NN model can portray the PCC characteristics very well ...
- Shen, Jiong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied energy 2017 v.208 pp. 592-606
- algorithms; coal; power plants; steam; temperature
- ... Control of superheater steam temperature (SST) is critical for the safety and efficiency of the coal-fired power plant. However, the conventional cascaded PI controller is faced with great challenges in regulating the SST within a satisfactory range in the environment of extensive load changes, which is inevitably becoming even worse due to the growing integration of the intermittent renewables. T ...