Jump to Main Content
- Rubtsov, Igor V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.47 pp. 26663-26677
- alkanes; ambient temperature; energy; equations; infrared spectroscopy; models; physical chemistry; polyethylene glycol
- ... The transport of high-frequency vibrational energy in linear oligomer chains can be fast and efficient if specific conditions which permit ballistic transport are satisfied. These conditions include high delocalization and slow dephasing rate of chain states. We present new experimental results probing the energy transport in linear polyethylene glycol (PEG) oligomers of 0, 4, 8, and 12 PEG units ...
- Rubtsov, Igor V., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2015 v.119 no.21 pp. 6448-6456
- alkanes; chemical elements; energy; infrared spectroscopy; physical chemistry; transporters
- ... Intramolecular transport of vibrational energy in two series of oligomers featuring alkane chains of various length was studied by relaxation-assisted two-dimensional infrared spectroscopy. The transport was initiated by exciting various end-group modes (tags) such as different modes of the azido (ν(NN) and ν(NN)), carboxylic acid (ν(CO)), and succinimide ester (νₐₛ(CO)) with short mid-IR lase ...