Jump to Main Content
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Crop science 2008 v.48 no.5 pp. 1841
- Triticum aestivum; wheat; Puccinia recondita; plant pathogenic fungi; rust diseases; disease resistance; genetic resistance; germplasm; plant genetic resources; genetic markers; plant breeding; introns; cultivars; landraces; wild relatives; alleles
- ... The adult plant resistance gene contributes significantly to durable leaf rust (caused by Eriks.) resistance. Simple and robust molecular markers that enable early detection of are a major advancement in wheat (L.) breeding. An insertion/deletion size variant located at the locus on chromosome 7D within an intron sequence of a sulfate transporter-like gene tightly linked to the dual rust resistanc ...
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2014 v.127 no.8 pp. 1831-1842
- Triticum aestivum; alleles; breeding; cultivars; genetic variation; geographical distribution; germplasm; landraces; microsatellite repeats; population structure; wheat; Africa; Europe
- ... KEY MESSAGE: A high level of genetic diversity was found in the A. E. Watkins bread wheat landrace collection. Genotypic information was used to determine the population structure and to develop germplasm resources. In the 1930s A. E. Watkins acquired landrace cultivars of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) from official channels of the board of Trade in London, many of which originated from local ...
- PubMed Central:
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2014 v.34 no.3 pp. 1023-1033
- Triticum aestivum; alleles; doubled haploids; early development; flowering; germplasm; hexaploidy; isogenic lines; marker-assisted selection; molecular cloning; photoperiod; quantitative trait loci; vernalization; winter wheat
- ... Vernalization, photoperiod and the relatively poorly defined earliness per se (eps) genes regulate flowering in plants. We report here the validation of a major eps quantitative trait locus (QTL) located on wheat 1DL using near isogenic lines (NILs). We used four independent pairs of NILs derived from a cross between Spark and Rialto winter wheat varieties, grown in both the field and controlled e ...
- PubMed Central: