Jump to Main Content
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Crop science 2008 v.48 no.5 pp. 1841
- Triticum aestivum; wheat; Puccinia recondita; plant pathogenic fungi; rust diseases; disease resistance; genetic resistance; germplasm; plant genetic resources; genetic markers; plant breeding; introns; cultivars; landraces; wild relatives; alleles
- ... The adult plant resistance gene contributes significantly to durable leaf rust (caused by Eriks.) resistance. Simple and robust molecular markers that enable early detection of are a major advancement in wheat (L.) breeding. An insertion/deletion size variant located at the locus on chromosome 7D within an intron sequence of a sulfate transporter-like gene tightly linked to the dual rust resistanc ...
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2014 v.127 no.8 pp. 1831-1842
- Triticum aestivum; alleles; breeding; cultivars; genetic variation; geographical distribution; germplasm; landraces; microsatellite repeats; population structure; wheat; Africa; Europe
- ... KEY MESSAGE: A high level of genetic diversity was found in the A. E. Watkins bread wheat landrace collection. Genotypic information was used to determine the population structure and to develop germplasm resources. In the 1930s A. E. Watkins acquired landrace cultivars of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) from official channels of the board of Trade in London, many of which originated from local ...
- PubMed Central:
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2015 v.35 no.2 pp. 268
- Triticum aestivum; alleles; breeding methods; chromosomes; disease resistance; genotype; grain yield; quantitative trait loci; quantitative traits; root systems; stripe rust; transgressive segregation; wheat; yield components; United Kingdom
- ... Wheat breeders select for qualitative and quantitative traits, the latter often detected as quantitative trait loci (QTL). It is, however, a long procedure from QTL discovery to the successful introduction of favourable alleles into new elite varieties and finally into farmers’ crops. As a proof of principle for this process, QTL for grain yield (GY), yield components, plant height (PH), ear emerg ...
- PubMed Central: