Jump to Main Content
- Masopust, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Animal genetics 2012 v.43 no.3 pp. 333
- USDA; alleles; animal models; animal performance; chromosomes; complement; crossbreds; gene frequency; homozygosity; humans; insulin; intramuscular fat; landraces; meat; meat quality; pH; quantitative trait loci; resistin; swine
- ... Several quantitative trait loci (QTL) for different meat quality traits have been localized on the q arm of porcine chromosome 2 at position 55–78 cM. Association analyses were performed in a commercial Landrace x Chinese-European (LCE) crossbred population (n = 446) slaughtered at approximately 127 kg and an average age of 198 days with records for performance (growth, fat and meat accretion) and ...
- Masopust, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Animal genetics 2002 v.33 no.5 pp. 381
- swine; genes; animal proteins; exons; introns; cytogenetics; chromosome mapping; polymerase chain reaction; genetic polymorphism; alleles; gene frequency
- ... Two-point linkage analysis identified the most significant linkage of the RSTN gene with SWr468 (LOD=15.65; recombinant fraction=0.00). Multipoint linkage analysis was performed in the backcross pedigree. On the basis of 57 informative meioses, the RSTN marker was localized on the USDA-MARC linkage map to SSC2 position 64 Kosambi cM, at the same location as SWR468, SWR1342, SW1655 and SW2193. Sequ ...