Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Jingwen; Vidyarthi, Sriram K.; Bai, Weibin; Pan, Zhongli
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.60 pp. 103456
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; cell growth; chronic diseases; dietary carbohydrate; dietary supplements; drugs; flavonoids; fruit extracts; fruits; functional foods; functional properties; intestinal absorption; neoplasm cells; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrient content; phenolic compounds; polysaccharides; risk reduction; small intestine; superoxide dismutase; China; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Rosa roxburghii (R. roxburghii), primarily distributed in southwest region in China, is known for its remarkable high vitamin C, SOD, and flavonoids contents. A diet rich in beneficial antioxidants such as polysaccharides, vitamin C, superoxide dismutase (SOD), and phenolics is associated with reducing risks of chronic diseases. This review examines the chemical composition in fruit of R. roxburgh ...
- Wang, Lei; Zhang, Bin; Xiao, Jie; Huang, Qiang; Li, Chao; Fu, Xiong
- Food chemistry 2018 v.249 pp. 127-135
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; arabinose; cosmetics; emulsifying properties; foaming; foaming properties; foods; fruits; fucose; galactose; glucose; glycemic effect; hypoglycemic agents; mannose; polysaccharides; proteins; temperature; uronic acids; viscoelasticity; water solubility; xylose; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Water-soluble polysaccharides (RTFP) were extracted from Rosa roxburghii Tratt fruit by hot water method. The physicochemical, functional, and hypoglycemic properties of RTFP were investigated. The results revealed that RTFP mainly contained carbohydrates (63.79 ± 0.73%, g/g), uronic acids (14.8 ± 0.06%, g/g), and proteins (4.10 ± 0.58%, g/g). RTFP was composed of arabinose, galactose, glucose, ma ...