Jump to Main Content
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.44 pp. 10418-10438
- Vitis labrusca; Vitis riparia; Vitis vinifera; acetic acid; alpha-linolenic acid; cold zones; environmental factors; esters; flavonoids; flavor; geraniol; guidelines; heat sums; heirloom varieties; hexanoic acid; hybrids; linalool; metabolites; octenol; odors; phenolic compounds; phenylethyl alcohol; principal component analysis; ripening; titratable acidity; total soluble solids; vineyards; wine grapes; winemaking; wines; Quebec
- ... Since the arrival on the market of high-quality cold-hardy grape varieties, northern winemaking has been developing tremendously in countries traditionally unsuited for grape and wine production. Cold-hardy grapes are mainly interspecific hybrids of Vitis vinifera with Vitis labrusca and Vitis riparia, making their chemical composition distinct from that of V. vinifera varieties traditionally used ...
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2014 v.64 pp. 119-125
- alpha-linolenic acid; animal models; blood; brain; carcass composition; cholesterol; clinical trials; conjugated linoleic acid; creatinine; dietary fat; dietary supplements; electrolytes; enzymes; food intake; glucose; heart; isomers; liver; omega-3 fatty acids; omega-6 fatty acids; piglets; tissue weight; tissues; toxicology; triacylglycerols; urea nitrogen
- ... The aim of the present study was to perform a short-term safety evaluation of dietary mono-conjugated α-linolenic acid isomers (CLNA; c9-t11-c15-18:3+c9-t13-c15-18:3) using a neonatal pig model. CLNA diet was compared with three other dietary fats: (1) conjugated linoleic acid (CLA; c9-t11-18:2+t10-c12-18:2), (2) non-conjugated n-3 PUFA and (3) n-6 PUFA. Thirty-two piglets weaned at 3weeks of age ...
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2014 v.53 no.3 pp. 761-768
- alpha-linolenic acid; blood; blood glucose; body weight; c-peptide; conjugated linoleic acid; diabetes; dietary fat; dietary supplements; food intake; glucose; glucose tolerance; insulin resistance; isomers; lipid metabolism; liver; models; omega-3 fatty acids; omega-6 fatty acids; piglets
- ... PURPOSE: There is an increased interest in the benefits of conjugated α-linolenic acid (CLNA) on obesity-related complications such as insulin resistance and diabetes. The aim of the study was to investigate whether a 1 % dietary supplementation of mono-CLNA isomers (c9-t11-c15-18:3 + c9-t13-c15-18:3) improved glucose and lipid metabolism in neonatal pigs. METHODS: Since mono-CLNA isomers combine ...