Jump to Main Content
- Engel, Nadja; Ali, Iftikhar; Adamus, Anna; Frank, Marcus; Dad, Akber; Ali, Sajjad; Nebe, Barbara; Atif, Muhammad; Ismail, Muhammad; Langer, Peter; Ahmad, Viqar Uddin
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 244
- Vincetoxicum, etc ; Berberis; Onosma; Western blotting; actin; alternative medicine; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; breast neoplasms; cell cycle; cell death; cell movement; cell viability; cytotoxicity; humans; medicinal plants; microscopy; monitoring; neoplasm cells; plant extracts; screening; staining; Pakistan; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The medicinal plants Vincetoxicum arnottianum (VSM), Berberis orthobotrys (BORM), Onosma hispida (OHRM and OHAM) and Caccinia macranthera (CMM) are used traditionally in Pakistan and around the world for the treatment of various diseases including cancer, dermal infections, uterine tumor, wounds etc. The present study focuses on the investigation of the selected Pakistani plants for th ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mukudai, Yoshiki; Kondo, Seiji; Koyama, Tomoyuki; Li, Chunnan; Banka, Seika; Kogure, Akiko; Yazawa, Kazunaga; Shintani, Satoru
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 29
- Vincetoxicum atratum, etc ; Corydalis; Melia azedarach; Oriental traditional medicine; adverse effects; alternative medicine; apoptosis; bone marrow cells; caspases; chondrocytes; drugs; enzyme activity; hips; mitochondria; osteoblasts; osteoclasts; osteoporosis; patients; pro-apoptotic proteins; quality of life; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Osteoporosis (OP) is one of the most serious diseases in the modern world, and OP patients frequently suffer from fragility fractures in the hip, spine and wrist, resulting in a limited quality of life. Although bisphosphonates (BPs) are the most effective class of anti-bone-resorptive drugs currently available and the most commonly prescribed for the clinical treatment of OP, they are ...
- PubMed Central: