Jump to Main Content
- Kluczka, Joanna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2017 v.189 no.8 pp. 422
- European Union; agricultural soils; alum; aluminum; bioavailability; byproducts; coagulants; crops; fertilizers; fractionation; heavy metals; ions; municipal wastewater; sewage sludge; toxicity; wastewater treatment
- ... Inorganic aluminum ions, [Al(H₂O)₆]³⁺, [Al(OH)(H₂O)₅]²⁺, and [Al(OH)₂(H₂O)₄]⁺, are toxic to a number of crops. The aim of this study was to estimate the danger of soil contamination of bioavailable aluminum and heavy metals forms because of alum sludge which was a by-product of water, and wastewater treatment technology using aluminum coagulant is introduced into the soil. Aluminum and selected he ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kluczka, Joanna, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Archives of environmental protection 2012 v.38 no.1 pp. 83-96
- aluminum; aquatic organisms; exchangeable aluminum; ion exchange; mineralization; ponds; risk; sediments; spectrophotometers; statistical analysis; toxicity
- ... Water and bottom sediment samples collected from a few fish-breeding ponds/reservoirs were subjected to tests. The aim of this paper was to determine the total content of aluminium and its fractions in the samples tested to estimate the potential risk to fish caused by the toxic forms of aluminium. The monomeric inorganic aluminium in waters was determined using the ion exchange and extraction-col ...
- Kluczka, Joanna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2011 v.216 no.1-4 pp. 571-580
- exchangeable aluminum; forest insects; bark beetles; soil organic matter; trees; aluminum; pH; hydrofluoric acid; mountain soils; forests; Poland
- ... The research was carried out in the spruce forests of Barania GÃ³ra (Silesian Beskids, Poland) affected by pandemic dying of trees. Twenty-seven samples were collected from the O layer in two plots: 17 in a cut down forest infested with insect pests (bark beetle) and ten in a 120-year-old healthy forest. The analyses covered basic parameters (pHH2O, pHKCl, worg, Ctot, Ntot, CEC) and the concentrat ...
- PubMed Central: