Jump to Main Content
- Boraczyński, Tomasz; Boraczyński, Michał, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Cryobiology 2015 v.70 no.3 pp. 273-277
- ambient temperature; antioxidant activity; blood serum; catalase; exercise; exercise test; ice; malondialdehyde; superoxide dismutase; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... The effect of an ice-cold water (ICW) bath as a recovery intervention from aerobic exercise on the oxidant–antioxidant balance in healthy ice swimmers was determined. Twenty ice swimmers aged 31.2±6.3years performed a 30-min cycloergometer exercise test at room temperature (20°C, RT), followed by recovery at RT or in a pool of ice-cold water (ICW bath, 3°C, 5min). Blood for laboratory assays was c ...
- Boraczyński, Tomasz, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of thermal biology 2012 v.37 no.8 pp. 595-601
- neutralization; lipid content; humans; catalase; thermal stress; reactive oxygen species; lipid peroxidation; superoxide dismutase; ambient temperature; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; erythrocytes; swimming; glutathione peroxidase; cold; volunteers; blood plasma; antioxidant activity; oxidative stress
- ... The adaptation of human organism to environmental stress plays an important role in maintaining good health. The exposure to both low and high ambient temperature may provoke thermal stress and such a condition potentially leads to the excessive production of reactive oxygen species, which may result in oxidative stress. The purpose of the study was to determine the effect of one session of swimmi ...