Jump to Main Content
- Nagy, László G., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2010 v.97 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Mucor; proteins; Rhizomucor miehei; plasmids; amino acids; active sites; introns; sequence homology; beta-glucosidase; fungi
- ... In this study, a β-glucosidase coding gene (bgl) of the zygomycete fungus Rhizomucor miehei has been cloned and characterized. The gene comprises a total of 2,826 bp including the coding sequence of a 717 amino acids length putative protein and 10 introns dispersed in the whole coding region. The putative N-and C-terminal catalytic domains (aa 68 to aa 274 and aa 358-601, respectively) were identi ...
- Nagy, László G., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Life sciences 2012 v.91 no.3-4 pp. 115-126
- Rhizopus oryzae; algorithms; amino acids; heme; models; pathogens; phylogeny; proteins
- ... AIMS: A homology modeling methodology was developed and used to obtain the 3D structures for four putative catalases of Rhizopus oryzae in order to assess their functionality. MAIN METHODS: Homology models were built using different modeling strategies using non-protein compounds as steric constraints, a symmetry constraint to force identical chains and an additional loop modeling algorithm. Perce ...