Jump to Main Content
- Liang, Zhongxiu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2016 v.54 pp. 523-528
- Litopenaeus vannamei; ammonia; ammonium nitrogen; apoptosis; binding proteins; endoplasmic reticulum; gene expression; genes; hepatopancreas; messenger RNA; oxidative stress; pollutants; shrimp; superoxide dismutase; transcription factors; unfolded protein response
- ... Ammonia is one of major environmental pollutants in the aquatic system that poses a great threat to the survival of shrimp. In the present study, the mRNA expression of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress marker and unfolded protein response (UPR) related genes, as well as the change of redox enzyme and apoptosis were investigated in hepatopancreas of the pacific white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei a ...
- Liang, Zhongxiu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2015 v.33 no.3 pp. 714-724
- Callinectes sapidus; Danio rerio; Macrobrachium rosenbergii; amino acids; ammonia; antioxidants; binding sites; complementary DNA; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; humans; isoelectric point; manganese; molecular weight; open reading frames; oxidative stress; rapid amplification of cDNA ends; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; shrimp; signal peptide; stress response; superoxide dismutase; tissues
- ... Superoxide dismutase (SOD) is one of the most important antioxidant defense enzymes, and is considered as the first line against oxidative stress. In this study, we cloned a mitochondrial manganese (Mn) SOD (mMnSOD) cDNA from the ridgetail white prawn Exopalaemon carinicauda by using rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) methods. The full-length cDNA for mMnSOD was 1 014-bp long, containing a 5′ ...