Jump to Main Content
- Eva Esther Rudolf; Patrick Hüther; Ignasi Forné; Elisabeth Georgii; Yongtao Han; Rüdiger Hell; Markus Wirtz; Axel Imhof; Claude Becker; Jörg Durner; Christian Lindermayr
- Antioxidants 2021 v.10 no.7 pp. -
- DNA; DNA methylation; S-adenosylmethionine; ammonium; antibodies; bisulfites; chromatin; demethylation; eukaryotic cells; histones; mass spectrometry; oxidoreductases; reactive nitrogen species
- ... In the past, reactive nitrogen species (RNS) were supposed to be stress-induced by-products of disturbed metabolism that cause oxidative damage to biomolecules. However, emerging evidence demonstrates a substantial role of RNS as endogenous signals in eukaryotes. In plants, S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) is the dominant RNS and serves as the •NO donor for S-nitrosation of diverse effector proteins. R ...
- Xiyan Ji; Huimin Li; Jibiao Zhang; Hexige Saiyin; Zheng Zheng
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.365 pp. 483-493
- Chlorella; DNA methylation; ammonium; chemical oxygen demand; municipal wastewater; nuclear genome; organic matter; orthophosphates; phosphorus; pollution control; public water supply; stress tolerance; total nitrogen
- ... In this study, the effects of nutrient and dissolved organic matter removal, stress resistance (DNA methylation), and the algae-bacteria dynamic ratio of algal-bacterial consortia in actual municipal wastewater were investigated. Results indicate that the presence of a Chlorella vulgaris-Bacillus licheniformis consortium had profound effects. The removal rates of total nitrogen, ammonium, orthopho ...