Jump to Main Content
- Marcial-Coba, Martín Sebastián, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 197-201
- Bacillus coagulans; ambient temperature; anaerobic conditions; freeze drying; pastes; probiotics; spores; storage temperature; storage time; viability
- ... This work aimed to determine the suitability of dried date paste, an intermediate aw (0.5–0.6) matrix, as a carrier of the spore-former Bacillus coagulans BC4 in terms of survival during storage and in vitro gastric simulation. Freeze-dried B. coagulans BC4, mostly in the spore form, was added to 5 different dried date paste preparations obtaining an initial concentration between 7.87 and 8.12 log ...
- Marcial-Coba, Martín Sebastián, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food & function 2018 v.9 no.11 pp. 5868-5879
- Lactobacillus plantarum; agave syrup; anaerobic conditions; cell viability; cryoprotectants; freeze drying; gellan gum; glucose; humans; intestinal microorganisms; mannitol; microencapsulation; oxygen; peptones; probiotics; protein content; protocols; skim milk; sorbitol; stomach; storage quality; sucrose; temperature; trehalose; xanthan gum; yeast extract
- ... Akkermansia muciniphila, an abundant member of the human gut microbiota, has been suggested as a potential next-generation probiotic. However, its high sensitivity to oxygen limits the development of dosage protocols. Here, we describe microencapsulation, in a xanthan and gellan gum matrix, and a subsequent freeze-drying protocol for A. muciniphila DSM22959. For comparison Lactobacillus plantarum ...