Jump to Main Content
- Holden, J.M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Procedia Food Science 2013 v.2 pp. 46-51
- USDA; analysis of variance; climate; cultivars; databases; food science; hesperetin; orange juice; pelargonidin; quercetin; secondary metabolites; strawberries; ultraviolet radiation; Brazil; Corsica; France; Japan; Spain; United States
- ... In 2012, USDA prepared Release 3.1 of the “USDA Database for the Flavonoid Content of Selected Foods”, which contained data on 508 food items collected from 308 published sources. Flavonoids are secondary metabolites produced by plants in response to various environmental stresses such as climate and ultraviolet radiation. Other sources of variability include cultivar, growing location, agricultur ...
- Holden, L.A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2014 v.97 no.5 pp. 3073-3080
- analysis of variance; byproducts; dairies; dairy cows; data collection; feed prices; feed quality; feeds; forage; herd size; income; ingredients; markets; milk; milk yield; profits and margins; Pennsylvania
- ... Feed is generally the greatest expense for milk production. With volatility in feed and milk markets, income over feed cost (IOFC) is a more advantageous measure of profit than simply feed cost per cow. The objective of this study was to evaluate the effects of ration cost and ingredient composition on IOFC and milk yield. The Pennsylvania State Extension Dairy Team IOFC tool (http://extension.psu ...
- Holden, Patricia A., et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Water research 2013 v.47 pp. 6839-6848
- analysis of variance; filters; indicator species; polymerase chain reaction; technology transfer; variance; water quality
- ... Many PCR-based methods for microbial source tracking (MST) have been developed and validated within individual research laboratories. Inter-laboratory validation of these methods, however, has been minimal, and the effects of protocol standardization regimes have not been thoroughly evaluated. Knowledge of factors influencing PCR in different laboratories is vital to future technology transfer for ...