Jump to Main Content
- Pasquali, Vittorio, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ethology, ecology & evolution 2019 v.31 no.4 pp. 348-357
- Lepidurus; animals; biological clocks; diapause; dormancy; eggs; genes; hatching; lakes; lighting; phenology; risk; summer; temperature; Arctic region
- ... Dormancy, which arrests development, is a well-known survival strategy among animals living in the Arctic to overcome harsh periods. It is not clear if the dormant state in notostracans is controlled endogenously (diapause) or exogenously (quiescence). For Lepidurus arcticus, it is unknown how it responds to the photoperiod entrainment, if it has a biological clock and if it has a rhythmic express ...
- Pasquali, Vittorio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecotoxicology 2012 v.21 no.1 pp. 139-147
- Amphipoda; animals; avoidance behavior; biomarkers; cadmium; copper; habitat preferences; locomotion; mercury; polluted soils; radar; sand; seawater; toxicity; water pollution
- ... We investigated behavioural responses (locomotor activity and substrate selection) of the amphipod Talitrus saltator after laboratory exposure to different concentrations of Hg, Cu and Cd. Locomotor activity, measured with a microwave radar device, was assessed in animals exposed to contaminated sand and in sandhoppers previously kept for 48 h in contaminated seawater and tested in clean sand. The ...