Jump to Main Content
- Nogueira, Thiago; do Lago, Claudimir Lucio
- Journal of separation science 2009 v.32 no.20 pp. 3507-3511
- acid hydrolysis; adulterated products; anion exchange; capillary zone electrophoresis; electrolytes; glucose; grains; hulls; hydrochloric acid; ionic strength; methanol; neutralization; pH; sodium hydroxide; starch; vegetables; xylan; xylose
- ... The proposed method for the identification of adulteration was based on the controlled acid hydrolysis of xylan and starch present in some vegetable adulterants, followed by the analysis of the resulting xylose and glucose, which are the monosaccharides that compose, respectively, the two polysaccharides. The acid hydrolysis with HCl increases the ionic strength of the sample, which impairs the el ...
- Willems Jamie L.; Low Nicholas H.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2012 v.60 no.35 pp. 8745-8754
- Agave; adulterated products; anion exchange; capillary gas chromatography; color; detection limit; fructose; high fructose corn syrup; liquid chromatography; myo-inositol; sucrose; sweeteners; titratable acidity
- ... Nineteen pure agave syrups representing the three major production regions and four processing facilities in Mexico were analyzed for their major carbohydrate, polyol, and oligosaccharide profiles, as well as their physicochemical properties (pH, °Brix, total acidity, percent total titratable acidity, and color). Additionally, the detection of intentional debasing of agave syrup with four commerci ...
- Chunli Sun; Hongbo Tan; Yuhao Zhang; Hongcheng Zhang
- Journal of food composition and analysis 2016 v.53 pp. 91-101
- Acacia; abscisic acid; adulterated products; anion exchange; apiaries; flavonoids; food matrix; high performance liquid chromatography; honey; ingredients; phenolic compounds; quality control; solid phase extraction; sugars; China
- ... The major components of honey are sugar and water, but some phenolic compounds may be responsible for honey quality. We investigated the effects of four reversed-phase (RP) and four reversed-phase and anion-exchange (RP-AE) solid-phase extraction (SPE) cartridges as a pre-concentration technique for honey phenolics. Eleven acacia honey samples were collected from different apiaries of China and th ...