Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Zhibo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2014 v.2 no.36 pp. 14817-14821
- anodes; chemistry; coatings; gold; lithium batteries; silicon; thermoplastics
- ... Silicon is considered as a promising candidate for next-generation lithium-ion battery anodes. However, severe capacity fading caused by volume change during Li-ion insertion and extraction hinders its practical application. In this work, gold granular film and polyvinylidene fluoride coating are sequentially prepared on the deposited Si film to solve the aforementioned problem. ...
- Yang, Zhibo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2014 v.2 no.24 pp. 9156-9163
- acid treatment; adsorption; air; anodes; coatings; electrochemistry; energy; hydrofluoric acid; ions; lithium batteries; nanowires; nickel oxide; oxidation
- ... NiO layers were coated in situ onto Ni-silicide nanowires by an oxidation in air. The surface of the nanowires had been previously roughened by etching in HF solution. It is found that the roughened surface is very helpful to enhance the in situ coating ability of NiO on the nanowires. When the resulting samples were used as anodes for lithium-ion batteries, a high reversible capacity of 1.28 mA h ...