Jump to Main Content
- He, Xianzhi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.159 no.1 pp. 2-12
- Arabidopsis; anthocyanins; biosynthesis; carotenoids; chlorophyll; crops; cyanidin; genes; high performance liquid chromatography; ionization; leaves; mass spectrometry; metabolic engineering; photosynthesis; pigmentation; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tissues; tobacco; transgenic plants; value added; vector control
- ... In this study, we investigate the metabolic engineering of anthocyanins in two dark tobacco crops (Narrow Leaf Madole and KY171) and evaluate the effects on physiological features of plant photosynthesis. Arabidopsis PAP1 (production of anthocyanin pigment 1) gene (AtPAP1) encodes a R2R3‐type MYB transcript factor that is a master component of regulatory complexes controlling anthocyanin biosynthe ...
- He, Xianzhi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant biotechnology journal 2016 v.14 no.7 pp. 1604-1618
- Arabidopsis; Glycine max; Medicago sativa; Medicago truncatula; additive effect; alfalfa; anthocyanidins; anthocyanins; biosynthesis; forage legumes; gene expression regulation; genes; isoflavones; metabolic engineering; metabolites; mutants; phenotype; proanthocyanidins; proteins; roots; seeds; transcriptomics
- ... MtPAR is a proanthocyanidin (PA) biosynthesis regulator; the mechanism underlying its promotion of PA biosynthesis is not fully understood. Here, we showed that MtPAR promotes PA production by a direct repression of biosynthesis of isoflavones, the major flavonoids in legume, and by redirecting immediate precursors, such as anthocyanidins, flux into PA pathway. Ectopic expression of MtPAR represse ...
- PubMed Central:
- He, Xianzhi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.5 pp. 1766-1771
- Medicago sativa; Medicago truncatula; alfalfa; anthocyanins; biosynthesis; bloat; enzymes; forage legumes; genes; metabolites; mutants; pastures; roots; ruminants; shoots; testa; transcription factors; transcriptomics; yeasts
- ... MtPAR (Medicago truncatula proanthocyanidin regulator) is an MYB family transcription factor that functions as a key regulator of proanthocyanidin (PA) biosynthesis in the model legume Medicago truncatula. MtPAR expression is confined to the seed coat, the site of PA accumulation. Loss-of-function par mutants contained substantially less PA in the seed coat than the wild type, whereas levels of an ...
- PubMed Central: