Jump to Main Content
- Tashma, Zev, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant foods for human nutrition 2007 v.62 no.4 pp. 145-150
- adverse effects; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; atherosclerosis; blood lipids; catechin; correlation; dietary supplements; food plants; gallic acid; herbs; humans; medicinal plants; medicine; methanol; patients; polyphenols
- ... Prolipid a known mixture of herbs is used as a plasma lipid lowering medicine. No side effects were registered. However, the bioactive substances of Prolipid were not investigated. Therefore in this investigation Prolipids bioactive compounds and antioxidant activity were studied. The contents of polyphenols and flavonoids were 19.87 ± 2.09 and 3.09 ± 0.31 mg gallic acid equivalent GAE/g DW and 2. ...
- Tashma, Zev, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food research international 2011 v.44 no.7 pp. 2222-2232
- in vivo studies; polyphenols; durians; mangoes; Salacca zalacca; flavanols; acetone; avocados; hexane; kiwifruit; spectroscopy; anthocyanins; fluorometry; blood lipids; casein; tannins; in vitro studies; rats; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; fruits; soybean oil; methanol; cholesterol; wheat starch
- ... The aim of this research was to investigate the bioactivity of durian, snake fruit and mangosteen, rare exotic Thai fruits. These fruits were compared among them and with conventional fruits: durian with mango and avocado, and snake fruit with mangosteen and kiwifruit in order to find the preferable diet for human consumption. The contents of polyphenols, flavonoids, flavanols, tannins, anthocyani ...