Jump to Main Content
- Sander, G. F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1157 pp. 407-412
- Vitis vinifera; acidity; altitude; analysis of variance; anthocyanins; color; cultivars; experimental design; flowering; grapes; pH; planting; polyphenols; probability; ripening; small fruits; total soluble solids; vines; vineyards; Brazil
- ... In grapevines, after veraison, shoot topping can balance plant source-sink ratio, directing photoassimilates to the clusters. It is also commonly practiced on vertically shoot positioned vines when shoot growth becomes too long to be supported by the trellis wires. The objective of this study was to evaluate different timing of shoot topping in 'Cabernet Sauvignon' and 'Merlot' cultivars (Vitis vi ...
- Hogewoning, Sander W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2011 v.127 no.4 pp. 548-554
- Rosa; absorption; anthocyanins; canopy; color; crops; gases; lamps; leaf blade; mechanistic models; ontogeny; photosynthesis; photosynthetically active radiation; pigmentation; red light; reflectance; transmittance; wavelengths
- ... Little is known about the effects of leaf pigmentation (related to leaf ontogeny), on the spectral dependence of photosynthesis and most observations have been limited so far to single leaves. This study aimed to investigate photosynthesis and the related optical properties of two types of rose leaves, young reddish leaves and middle age green leaves, and to quantify the spectral dependence of pho ...