Jump to Main Content
- Bersani-Amado, C.A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Pharmaceutical biology 2006 v.44 no.1 pp. 7-9
- anti-inflammatory activity; fractionation; shrubs; free radicals; Randia; lipid peroxidation; medicinal plants; plant extracts; free radical scavengers; animal models; chemical constituents of plants; antioxidant activity; leaves; rats; Brazil
- Bersani-Amado, C.A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2008 v.116 no.3 pp. 569-573
- plant exudates; anti-inflammatory activity; fractionation; phytochemicals; medicinal plants; plant extracts; amides; mice; high performance liquid chromatography; leaves; animal models; rats; chemical structure; herbal medicines; Piper; Brazil
- ... Leaves of Piper ovatum are known in folk medicine as “joão burandi” or “anestésica” and in traditional Brazilian medicine are used to treat inflammatory disease. The hydroalcoholic extract, fractions, and a mixture of piperovatine (1) and piperlonguminine (2) in a proportion of 2:3 obtained from Piper ovatum were assayed for anti-inflammatory activity by means of carrageenan-induced pleurisy in ...