Jump to Main Content
- Koo, H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2007 v.55 no.25 pp. 10200-10207
- Vitis vinifera; Vitis; hybrids; wine grapes; wine cultivars; grape pomace; plant extracts; chemical composition; anthocyanins; flavanols; polyphenols; antibacterial properties; Streptococcus mutans
- ... Grapes are rich sources of potentially bioactive polyphenols. However, the phenolic content is variable depending on grape variety, and may be modified during vinification. In this study, we examined the chemical composition and biological activity of phenolic extracts prepared from several red wine grape varieties and their fermented byproduct of winemaking (pomace) on some of the virulence prope ...
- Koo, H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2005 v.53 no.4 pp. 1166-1172
- propolis; chemical composition; flavonoids; phenolic compounds; medicinal properties; antioxidant activity; free radicals; antibacterial properties; resins; Populus; Argentina
- ... Twenty-five samples of propolis were collected from seven different regions in northern Argentina; ethanolic extracts of propolis were prepared from all samples, and the respective samples were examined for UV absorption spectra, RPHPTLC, RPHPLC, antimicrobial activity, antiradical activity, and total phenolic content. It was found that 16 of the 25 samples showed a phenolic profile similar to tha ...