Jump to Main Content
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.15 pp. 12143-12157
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Streptococcus mutans; antibacterial properties; bioactive compounds; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; mushrooms; palmitic acid; pathogens; solvents; sonication; stearic acid
- ... Solvent-based extractions have always held the upper hand when it comes to mushrooms. Assimilating the fact that mushrooms are a part of culinary components cooked in water and not in solvents; solvent-based extraction becomes a priority. Effective water based extraction stretches 24 h, leaving space for prospective improvising through analytical interference. We have demonstrated the effective do ...
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2016 v.180 no.4 pp. 780-790
- antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; catechin; green tea; image analysis; mycelium; spore germination; spores
- ... The feasibility of utilizing the antimicrobial activity of naturally available teas was studied. Eleven teas including 2 green teas and 9 other traditional Korean mixed teas were tested for their antimicrobial properties. Antibacterial and antifungal properties were assessed. The results showed that green teas possessed significant antifungal and antibacterial properties, while most of the mixed t ...