Jump to Main Content
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Natural product research 2019 v.33 no.6 pp. 906-910
- Candida; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; antioxidant activity; antiviral properties; apple cider; bioactive compounds; cider vinegar; cytotoxicity; traditional medicine; yeasts
- ... These are the days when one would go online first seeking home remedies before seeing a doctor. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one such popular yet scientifically under-validated remedy. Our results prove the unequivocal antimicrobial activity of ACV to be true at full strength concentrations. However, the activity cannot be generalised because although strong antibacterial activity was observed at ...
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2016 v.180 no.4 pp. 780-790
- antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; catechin; green tea; image analysis; mycelium; spore germination; spores
- ... The feasibility of utilizing the antimicrobial activity of naturally available teas was studied. Eleven teas including 2 green teas and 9 other traditional Korean mixed teas were tested for their antimicrobial properties. Antibacterial and antifungal properties were assessed. The results showed that green teas possessed significant antifungal and antibacterial properties, while most of the mixed t ...