Jump to Main Content
- Cesari, Italo M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasitology international 2016 v.65 no.3 pp. 191-195
- Schistosoma mansoni; adults; affinity chromatography; antigens; cathepsin B; diagnostic techniques; digestive system; hemoglobin; ion exchange; parasites; patients; polyclonal antibodies; proteolysis; rabbits; schistosomiasis
- ... Adult Schistosoma mansoni parasites have the capacity to degrade ingested host hemoglobin and other host plasma proteins by using a series of gut proteolytic enzymes, including cathepsin B; this enzyme is released to the host intravascular environment during regurgitations of adult worms. Cathepsin B becomes thus a circulating parasite component that has been shown to be specifically recognized as ...
- Cesari, Italo M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasitology research 2010 v.106 no.5 pp. 1225-1231
- Schistosoma haematobium; Schistosoma japonicum; Schistosoma mansoni; antigens; patients; polypeptides; Cameroon; Ethiopia; Senegal; Venezuela; Yemen
- ... Antigens present in aqueous n-butanolic extracts (BE) of Schistosoma mansoni (Venezuelan JL strain), Schistosoma intercalatum (Cameroon EDEA strain), and Schistosoma haematobium (Yemen strain) adult worm membranes were compared in immunoblot against sera of patients infected with S. mansoni, S. intercalatum, S. haematobium, Schistosoma japonicum, or Schistosoma mekongi looking for similarities (co ...